Navy officer dismissed for sending lewd messages to women
New Delhi: Embarrassed by allegations of wife-swapping, the Navy has dismissed another senior officer from service after he was found guilty of sending lewd messages to several women by a General Court Martial (GCM) in Mumbai.
The issue of dismissal of the officer deployed on the country`s only aircraft carrier INS Virat comes soon after Defence Minister A K Antony dismissed another officer who was found guilty of having illicit relations with his superior`s wife.
The name of the officer in the rank of Commander (equal to Lieutenant Colonel in Army) was recommended for dismissal by a court martial in January this year. He was later dismissed from service, Navy spokesperson Commander P V Satish said here.
He said the officer was dismissed on the charges of `unbecoming of an officer` as he was using multiple numbers to send lewd messages to several women both in and out of the force.
The Navy spokesperson`s announcement about punishment to its own officer comes at a time when the force has been busy firefighting allegations of swapping by the wife of one of its own officer.
While the Navy has been busy shielding its officers saying there was "no merit" in the charges, the Defence Minister has made it clear that strict action would be taken if anyone was found guilty in the case.
Antony has stated that three simultaneous investigations were going on by the Delhi Police, Kerala Police and the Navy itself in the wife-swapping allegations.
In the recent times, there have been several cases of misconduct in the Navy including one involving a Commodore- level officer who was dismissed for having sexual relations with a woman in Russia during his posting there to oversee the construction of aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’