Navy ship collides with vessel near Mumbai coast
Mumbai: An Indian naval warship with 400
people on board, including family members of Navy personnel,
today collided with a foreign merchant vessel at the Mumbai
harbour, resulting in fire on the warship, Coast Guard
There were no reports of casualty or oil spill in the
incident which occurred when the family members of the Navy
personnel were celebrating the annual "Day at Sea" on board
INS Vindhyagiri, they said.
According to the officials, INS Vindhyagiri was returning
to the dockyard while merchant vessel Nord Lake was leaving
Mumbai harbour when the two collided at Sunk Clock in the
harbour this evening.
Following the collision, a fire broke out in the warship
and the Coast Guard officials were pressed into service to
douse the fire.
The fire was doused after over four hours of operations
and the situation is under control, the officials said adding
that family members of the Navy personnel were ferried to
safer places. Both the ships have suffered damages.
The Navy and the Directorate General of Shipping is
inquiring into the matter to establish whose fault it was, the
While INS Vindhyagiri has been sailed to the dockyard,
Nord Lake has been anchored at the harbour.
Traffic on the navigational route has not been disrupted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it