Naxal associate arrested by Chandrapur police
Nagpur: A 40-year-old man, suspected to be a
naxal supporter from here, has been arrested and taken to the
neighbouring Chandrapur district for investigation, police
Bandu Meshram was picked up by the police yesterday from
Gaddigudam square near here when he was about to leave the
city, they said.
Chandrapur police said he was brought to Ram Nagar police
station for interrogation and will be produced before the
local court later in the day.
"Meshram, running a tailor shop, was actively involved in
helping naxals in painting walls and pasting wall-posters
about their activities," they said.
He was facing offences for unlawful activities in the
jurisdiction of Ram Nagar police station area, Chandrapur in
Meanwhile, Meshram`s wife lodged a complaint with the
Sadar police here alleging his kidnap. Later she was informed
that her husband was taken into custody by Chandrapur police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'