Naxal attack near tribal school: 2 students among 4 killed
Nagpur: Two students were among four persons killed while 10 students were injured when Naxals hurled explosives near a tribal school in Sawargaon village along the Maharashtra-Chhattisgarh border on Friday.
Besides the two students, a woman cook and a civilian were killed. Out of 10 injured students, five were being brought from Sawargaon in Dhanora taluka bordering Chhattisgarh and the others were treated in Murumgaon and Sawargaon, police
said quoting villagers.
Incidentally the village does not have a police post. Earlier in the day, three ITBP jawans were killed in a landmine blast triggered by Naxals in Rajnandgaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17