Naxals ambush CRPF party; IEDs, landmines recovered
Gadchiroli: Heavily-armed Naxals on Monday ambushed a CRPF patrol party in the jungles along the Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra border resulting in exchange of gunfire between the two sides.
Security sources said the paramilitary squad was ambushed around 7 AM in Sirpur village of Pendri in the district.
The CRPF squad, after a two-hour long gunbattle, seized three live Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), two landmines, one claymore mine and a Motorola wireless set, they said.
No casualties occurred on the security forces` side but it is suspected that Maoists suffered few injuries amongst their ranks, the sources said.
The force has sent in reinforcements to the area and a joint team along with state police are combing the area.
The border-axis around Pendri in this district has seen numerous ambushes by Naxals and this is the fourth big such attack this year.
Last year in November, 13 CRPF personnel were killed here when they were moving out for an operational exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read