Naxals creating hurdles in developmental projects: RR Patil
Gadchiroli: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Tuesday said that there was no dearth of funds for development projects in the district but the Naxals were putting up hurdles.
Patil, who is also Guardian Minister of this Naxal-hit district in eastern Maharashtra, said that the local people themselves should now raise their voice against the Naxal movement and there was no point in blaming the administration.
Patil arrived here today to participate in the Independence Day programme to be held tomorrow.
"There is no dearth of funds for developmental projects in the district. The state government has provided ample funds to all the departments. Funds is not the problem but the Naxalites create hurdles in carrying the developmental works," the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened