Naxals creating hurdles in developmental projects: RR Patil
Gadchiroli: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Tuesday said that there was no dearth of funds for development projects in the district but the Naxals were putting up hurdles.
Patil, who is also Guardian Minister of this Naxal-hit district in eastern Maharashtra, said that the local people themselves should now raise their voice against the Naxal movement and there was no point in blaming the administration.
Patil arrived here today to participate in the Independence Day programme to be held tomorrow.
"There is no dearth of funds for developmental projects in the district. The state government has provided ample funds to all the departments. Funds is not the problem but the Naxalites create hurdles in carrying the developmental works," the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official