Naxals kill former Sarpanch in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: A group of armed Naxalites allegedly killed a middle-aged former Sarpanch from Gadchiroli district, for being a police informer, police said on Friday.
About 20 to 25 Naxalites dragged the former Sarpanch Malliya Gawde, from his house in Kurupalli, Sironcha taluka, yesterday around 9:30 pm and attacked him with axe and called villagers to inform them that Gawade was a police informer, they said.
The Maoists later ordered villagers to return to their houses and axed him to death, police said.
Gawade, also former chairman of Tanta Mukti Samiti (committee to end local disputes at village level) was basically a farmer in the village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?