Naxals kill former Sarpanch in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: A group of armed Naxalites allegedly killed a middle-aged former Sarpanch from Gadchiroli district, for being a police informer, police said on Friday.
About 20 to 25 Naxalites dragged the former Sarpanch Malliya Gawde, from his house in Kurupalli, Sironcha taluka, yesterday around 9:30 pm and attacked him with axe and called villagers to inform them that Gawade was a police informer, they said.
The Maoists later ordered villagers to return to their houses and axed him to death, police said.
Gawade, also former chairman of Tanta Mukti Samiti (committee to end local disputes at village level) was basically a farmer in the village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list