Naxals kill former Sarpanch in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: A group of armed Naxalites allegedly killed a middle-aged former Sarpanch from Gadchiroli district, for being a police informer, police said on Friday.
About 20 to 25 Naxalites dragged the former Sarpanch Malliya Gawde, from his house in Kurupalli, Sironcha taluka, yesterday around 9:30 pm and attacked him with axe and called villagers to inform them that Gawade was a police informer, they said.
The Maoists later ordered villagers to return to their houses and axed him to death, police said.
Gawade, also former chairman of Tanta Mukti Samiti (committee to end local disputes at village level) was basically a farmer in the village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone