Naxals kill three villagers in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: A group of Naxalites allegedly
killed three persons including a village-head in Korchi
taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said on Monday.
The sarpanch of Dabri village Motiram Katenge (50),
Sudhakar Koreti (40) and Paharsinh Kumre (55) were killed last
night in Bijepar village and their bodies were dumped in
neighbouring Mohgaon Tola village, they said.
The bodies were found in mutilated conditions. While two
of the victims were stoned to death, the sarpanch was killed
using firearms, the police said.
According to police, the Naxalites left a note near the
bodies claiming that some police jawans of special force C-60
were responsible for the death of the three villagers. They
also accused the deceased of being police informers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'