Naxals kill two persons, damage abandoned police camp
Nagpur: A group of Naxalites killed two persons and damaged an abandoned police camp in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The incidents took place last night in Medpalli village under Bhamragarah taluka of the Naxal-hit district.
A police camp set up to assist the Border Road Organisation (BRO) in re-constructing a bridge swept away in recent floods was damaged by the Naxalites, they said.
There were no security personnel in the camp, police added.
The Maoists also killed two villagers, they said, adding a combing operation has been launched to nab the extremists.
Meanwhile, a police patrol party yesterday recovered 10 kgs of explosives packed in plastic bags and kept near a road in the same area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler