Naxals kill two persons, damage abandoned police camp
Nagpur: A group of Naxalites killed two persons and damaged an abandoned police camp in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The incidents took place last night in Medpalli village under Bhamragarah taluka of the Naxal-hit district.
A police camp set up to assist the Border Road Organisation (BRO) in re-constructing a bridge swept away in recent floods was damaged by the Naxalites, they said.
There were no security personnel in the camp, police added.
The Maoists also killed two villagers, they said, adding a combing operation has been launched to nab the extremists.
Meanwhile, a police patrol party yesterday recovered 10 kgs of explosives packed in plastic bags and kept near a road in the same area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH