Naxals kill two persons, damage abandoned police camp
Nagpur: A group of Naxalites killed two persons and damaged an abandoned police camp in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The incidents took place last night in Medpalli village under Bhamragarah taluka of the Naxal-hit district.
A police camp set up to assist the Border Road Organisation (BRO) in re-constructing a bridge swept away in recent floods was damaged by the Naxalites, they said.
There were no security personnel in the camp, police added.
The Maoists also killed two villagers, they said, adding a combing operation has been launched to nab the extremists.
Meanwhile, a police patrol party yesterday recovered 10 kgs of explosives packed in plastic bags and kept near a road in the same area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam