Naxals kill two persons, damage abandoned police camp
Nagpur: A group of Naxalites killed two persons and damaged an abandoned police camp in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The incidents took place last night in Medpalli village under Bhamragarah taluka of the Naxal-hit district.
A police camp set up to assist the Border Road Organisation (BRO) in re-constructing a bridge swept away in recent floods was damaged by the Naxalites, they said.
There were no security personnel in the camp, police added.
The Maoists also killed two villagers, they said, adding a combing operation has been launched to nab the extremists.
Meanwhile, a police patrol party yesterday recovered 10 kgs of explosives packed in plastic bags and kept near a road in the same area.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on