Naxals kill two persons, damage abandoned police camp
Nagpur: A group of Naxalites killed two persons and damaged an abandoned police camp in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The incidents took place last night in Medpalli village under Bhamragarah taluka of the Naxal-hit district.
A police camp set up to assist the Border Road Organisation (BRO) in re-constructing a bridge swept away in recent floods was damaged by the Naxalites, they said.
There were no security personnel in the camp, police added.
The Maoists also killed two villagers, they said, adding a combing operation has been launched to nab the extremists.
Meanwhile, a police patrol party yesterday recovered 10 kgs of explosives packed in plastic bags and kept near a road in the same area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning