Naxals, police exchange fire in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli (Maha): Two separate incidents of
exchange of fire between Naxals and police took place in the
district on Sunday, police said. However, no one was injured.
According to police, Naxals opened fire on a polling
party near Repanpalli village when it was returning to its
However, security personnel accompanying the polling
staff retaliated following which the outlaws fled away, they
said, adding the polling staff reached its base-camp safely.
In an other incident, an exchange of fire between the
ultras and police took place near Ghotsur village in Etapalli
taluka early this morning, but no one was injured.
The second phase polling in Aheri, Etapally, Bhamrapad
and Sironcha taluka for 16 zilla parishad and 32 panchayat
samiti seats was held today.
Naxals had appealed people in the region to boycott the
polls and had dropped posters in this regard at various
During the first phase of the zilla parishad polls held
on February 7 last, Naxals had tried to attack a polling booth
at Dhanora taluka but their bid was foiled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi