Naxals, police exchange fire in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli (Maha): Two separate incidents of
exchange of fire between Naxals and police took place in the
district on Sunday, police said. However, no one was injured.
According to police, Naxals opened fire on a polling
party near Repanpalli village when it was returning to its
However, security personnel accompanying the polling
staff retaliated following which the outlaws fled away, they
said, adding the polling staff reached its base-camp safely.
In an other incident, an exchange of fire between the
ultras and police took place near Ghotsur village in Etapalli
taluka early this morning, but no one was injured.
The second phase polling in Aheri, Etapally, Bhamrapad
and Sironcha taluka for 16 zilla parishad and 32 panchayat
samiti seats was held today.
Naxals had appealed people in the region to boycott the
polls and had dropped posters in this regard at various
During the first phase of the zilla parishad polls held
on February 7 last, Naxals had tried to attack a polling booth
at Dhanora taluka but their bid was foiled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack