Naxals should shun violence and join mainstream: CRPF
Gadchiroli: The CRPF has appealed to Maoists to shun violence and join the mainstream and has sought the help of media and public representatives on the issue.
The NGOs, mediapersons and public representatives should come forward in helping the police and administration to facilitate the reach of welfare schemes to the poor and needy so that their living standard is improved, Anupam Shrivastava, the Commandant of 192 CRPF battalion, told to news agency.
Calling upon the people to stop supporting the outlaws as they create hindrances in the way of development, Shrivastava said it is a mispropoganda that the police and the forces torture the surrendered naxalites.
The ultras should voluntarily surrender as it is always better than arrest, he said, adding that the naxals should not create obstacles in the way of development.
He said the Civic Action Programme being carried out by the CRPF is evoking a good response from the people and the spirit should continue.
The programmes taken up are going to be helpful to the local tribals in a long way, he claimed.
Appealing the people to come forward with their complaints, he said they were ready to mediate in removing their grievances with the help of local administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love