NCC cadets, NGOs clean up Juhu beach after Ganesh immersion
Mumbai: Hundreds of volunteers with help of compact excavators and trucks on Thursday cleaned up the Juhu beach after Ganesh idol immersion along the city coast.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde was among the participants in the beach clean-up drive. NCC cadets, school and college students, members from NGOs and locals also took part in the programme.
"This drive is to create an awareness to save the environment. We have cleared close to 60 truck loads today. Lot of other organisations have also come forward and the BMC
and police have also done a good job," Hegde said.
"We plan to make entire Vile Parle plastic bag free and will start an awareness campaign very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video