NCC cadets, NGOs clean up Juhu beach after Ganesh immersion
Mumbai: Hundreds of volunteers with help of compact excavators and trucks on Thursday cleaned up the Juhu beach after Ganesh idol immersion along the city coast.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde was among the participants in the beach clean-up drive. NCC cadets, school and college students, members from NGOs and locals also took part in the programme.
"This drive is to create an awareness to save the environment. We have cleared close to 60 truck loads today. Lot of other organisations have also come forward and the BMC
and police have also done a good job," Hegde said.
"We plan to make entire Vile Parle plastic bag free and will start an awareness campaign very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason