NCC cadets, NGOs clean up Juhu beach after Ganesh immersion
Mumbai: Hundreds of volunteers with help of compact excavators and trucks on Thursday cleaned up the Juhu beach after Ganesh idol immersion along the city coast.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde was among the participants in the beach clean-up drive. NCC cadets, school and college students, members from NGOs and locals also took part in the programme.
"This drive is to create an awareness to save the environment. We have cleared close to 60 truck loads today. Lot of other organisations have also come forward and the BMC
and police have also done a good job," Hegde said.
"We plan to make entire Vile Parle plastic bag free and will start an awareness campaign very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack