NCC cadets, NGOs clean up Juhu beach after Ganesh immersion
Mumbai: Hundreds of volunteers with help of compact excavators and trucks on Thursday cleaned up the Juhu beach after Ganesh idol immersion along the city coast.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde was among the participants in the beach clean-up drive. NCC cadets, school and college students, members from NGOs and locals also took part in the programme.
"This drive is to create an awareness to save the environment. We have cleared close to 60 truck loads today. Lot of other organisations have also come forward and the BMC
and police have also done a good job," Hegde said.
"We plan to make entire Vile Parle plastic bag free and will start an awareness campaign very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS