NCC cadets, NGOs clean up Juhu beach after Ganesh immersion
Mumbai: Hundreds of volunteers with help of compact excavators and trucks on Thursday cleaned up the Juhu beach after Ganesh idol immersion along the city coast.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde was among the participants in the beach clean-up drive. NCC cadets, school and college students, members from NGOs and locals also took part in the programme.
"This drive is to create an awareness to save the environment. We have cleared close to 60 truck loads today. Lot of other organisations have also come forward and the BMC
and police have also done a good job," Hegde said.
"We plan to make entire Vile Parle plastic bag free and will start an awareness campaign very soon," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living