NCP activists ransack AAP state office
Mumbai: Over two dozen suspected Nationalist Congress Party activists on Saturday attacked the state office of Aam Aadmi Party in Andheri east here, a party official said.
"Around 25-30 NCP activists swooped down on our party headquarters, shouting slogans against us. They grabbed a bundle of our banners and publicity material and made a bonfire of it," said AAP city treasurer Suresh Acharya.
He said that the angry NCP activists also smeared their party office hoardings with blank ink, tore down posters of AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal and left after a noisy demonstration.
There was no damage to AAP property or any human casualty, according to Acharya.
Acharya said that the immediate provocation for the attack could be AAP`s ongoing campaign against senior NCP leader and state Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar highlighting alleged corrupt activities in the power department handled by him.
"We are going to `retaliate` in a peaceful manner this evening by sweeping the NCP Andheri west office with our brooms and praying to the Almighty to give them good sense not to indulge in such violence," he said.
Police who reached the AAP office soon afterwards managed to detain a few NCP activists and have now deployed more personnel to safeguard against similar future incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!