NCP bags two Legislative Council seats
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party Tuesday
bagged both the Legislative Council seats for which results
have been declared so far.
Elections were held on November 27, for eight council
seats. Counting for the remaining six seats is underway.
NCP`s Sandeep Bajoria won from Yavatmal, while
Rajendra Jain won from Gondia-Bhandara constituency.
Earlier this month, candidates of the ruling
Congress-NCP coalition were elected unopposed in three out of
the 11 constituencies where biennial Council polls were
Last week, polling was held for Yavatmal, Jalgaon and
Bhandara-Gondia local bodies seats, Nashik and Amravati
graduate seats, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Konkan teachers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof