NCP bags two Legislative Council seats
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party Tuesday
bagged both the Legislative Council seats for which results
have been declared so far.
Elections were held on November 27, for eight council
seats. Counting for the remaining six seats is underway.
NCP`s Sandeep Bajoria won from Yavatmal, while
Rajendra Jain won from Gondia-Bhandara constituency.
Earlier this month, candidates of the ruling
Congress-NCP coalition were elected unopposed in three out of
the 11 constituencies where biennial Council polls were
Last week, polling was held for Yavatmal, Jalgaon and
Bhandara-Gondia local bodies seats, Nashik and Amravati
graduate seats, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Konkan teachers
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way