NCP chief Sharad Pawar not to contest Lok Sabha polls: Praful Patel
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party leader Praful Patel on Sunday said that the party chief Sharad pawar will not contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections due in the second quarter of this year.
Patel, while talking to reporters, said instead of LS polls Pawar will stand for the Rajya Sabha elections.
NCP had contested 22 out of 48 Lok Sabha seats from the state in last Parliamentary elections. Alliance partner Congress has said that it favours the 29:19 seat sharing formula as NCP had fared badly in several of the 22 constituencies especially in Western Maharashtra.
However, NCP is adamant that it will contest on 22 seats and was open to swapping of few seats with the ally.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical