NCP chief Sharad Pawar not to contest Lok Sabha polls: Praful Patel
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party leader Praful Patel on Sunday said that the party chief Sharad pawar will not contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections due in the second quarter of this year.
Patel, while talking to reporters, said instead of LS polls Pawar will stand for the Rajya Sabha elections.
NCP had contested 22 out of 48 Lok Sabha seats from the state in last Parliamentary elections. Alliance partner Congress has said that it favours the 29:19 seat sharing formula as NCP had fared badly in several of the 22 constituencies especially in Western Maharashtra.
However, NCP is adamant that it will contest on 22 seats and was open to swapping of few seats with the ally.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?