NCP criticises BJP, but says Shinde`s remarks unwarranted
Mumbai: While criticising BJP over its nationwide protest against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, UPA partner NCP o Thursday said that Shinde`s remarks on saffron terrorism were "unwarranted".
NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here that BJP used terrorism plank to further its political interests. "The party has no moral right to organise such a protest. They want to ensure that religious sentiments are hurt, which can help their petty politics," Malik alleged.
At the same time, he said, NCP was of the view that Shinde`s remarks were "unwarranted". "An individual, or the organisation he is associated with, is responsible for the terrorism and not the religion or caste he belongs to," Malik said. Instead of making statements, Shinde should take action against those involved in terrorist acts, he said.
Maharashtra government had already sought a ban on (Hindu right-wing) organisations like Abhinav Bharat and Sanatan Sanstha, Malik noted.
Malik also lashed out at Shiv Sena for distributing kitchen knives and chili powder to women for self-defence, saying that arming did not mean empowerment.
"What is the motive?... Giving women a weapon does not mean empowering them. Shiv Sena should first change its attitude to women. The late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray used to say that women should look only after the kitchen and children," Malik quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America