NCP dares Uddhav to contest LS polls against Supriya Sule
Mumbai: NCP on Monday dared Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray to contest the Lok Sabha election against Supriya Sule from the Baramati parliamentary seat.
Addressing a press conference, NCP`s state chief Bhaskar Jadhav launched a blistering attack on Uddhav for targeting Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar at a rally at Shirur in Pune district yesterday.
Uddhav had said that Pawar would lose his deposit if he contests from the Shirur parliamentary constituency. "It was uncivilised behaviour on part of Uddhav to target a senior leader like Pawar, who has already said he is not in the fray for Lok Sabha elections," Jadhav said.
"Instead, Uddhav should contest against Supriya Sule from Baramati. If he does not dare to do so...He can choose to contest Assembly elections by contesting against either of us," Jadhav said, with NCP state working president Jitendra Awhad by his side. Jadhav and Awhad are NCP legislators from Chiplun and Mumbra constituencies, respectively.
Entering the electoral fray will make Uddhav understand and realise the blood and sweat of the party cadre, Jadhav, a former Shiv sainik himself, said, adding that Uddhav is "incapable" of providing the aggressive leadership, which the Shiv sainiks are used to.
Continuing the ire against Shiv Sena president, Jadhav said civilised behaviour is not expected from Uddhav and Shiv Sena which does not respect senior leaders and women workers.
He highlighted humiliation of former state Chief Minister and Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi at the Dussera rally last year and complaint of former mayor Shubha Raul and corporator Sheetal Mhatre about women being ill treated in the Shiv Sena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM