NCP fields Anwar, Jain for Rajya Sabha polls
Mumbai: NCP on Saturday nominated Tariq Anwar for the Rajya Sabha polls scheduled on June 17 along with Ishwarlal Jain.
Party state president Madhukar Pichad announced the candidature of both Anwar and Jain.
The biennial elections will be held for six Rajya Sabha seats as terms of MPs including Sanjay Raut (Shiv Sena), Sharad Joshi supported by the Sena-BJP alliance, Vijay Darda
(Congress), Tariq Anwar (NCP) and Rahul Bajaj (supported by NCP) end on June 7.
Another Congress MP Shivraj Patil has become Punjab Governor.
Pichad also declared former minister Ramraje Naik Nimbalkar, Vinayak Mete and Prakash Binsale`s candidature for the June 10 polls for ten seats to the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
Refusing a proposal by ally Congress to contest two seats, NCP has decided to contest three out of the ten which will fall vacant on July 7.
The number of retiring MLCs belonging to the NCP are two.
Nimbalkar held the Water Resources (Krishna Valley)
Ministry in the present cabinet. However, he could not be
elected to either of the Houses for six months and had to
Mete, an ex-MLC was in news for his Maratha reservation
campaign and Binsale is a party spokesperson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'