NCP launches its trade union wing
New Delhi: Seeking to carve out more space,
the NCP today launched its trade union wing with party chief
Sharad Pawar asserting that efforts should be made to mobilise
workers in the unorganised sector in a big way.
"We should have 10-15 lakh members from the unorganised
sector in the years to come," said Pawar launching the
Nationalist Labour Congress (NLC) in the capital here.
With the launch of the NLC, the NCP joins other major
national parties like the Congress, BJP, CPI(M), CPI which
have trade unions affiliated to them.
The NLC is an initiative of NCP General Secretary
Govindrao Adik who said the labour sector was one area where
the NCP did not have adequate representation.
Pawar said the NCP`s trade union wing would not make any
distinction among workers on the grounds of religion or caste
and the effort would be to take all sections of the society
He also asked the NLC to also focus on areas like housing
initiatives for workers and education avenues for their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre