NCP leader arrested in cheating case; released on bail
Nagpur: A former president of the Nagpur unit of NCP was arrested in connection with a cheating case and later released on bail, police said on Thursday.
Dilip Pankule, the NCP leader, heads the Sati Anisaya Mata Educational Insitute which runs a school in Jaitala in western part of the city.
According to police, he is facing charges under several sections including 420 of the IPC for allegedly taking money from a jobseeker, promising him employment in the school and later deceiving him.
Cases were registered against him in late August this year. Pankule along with his school staff Anita Francis were however, arrested by Rana Pratap Nagar police yesterday, after
more than two months.
The duo was produced before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody yesterday, police said.
Later court granted them bail, as police did not oppose their plea, they said.
Pankule is also the NCP observer for Amravati district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred