NCP Lok Sabha member bats for strong Lokpal Bill
Nashik: NCP Lok Sabha member Sameer
Bhujbal has come out in support of a strong Lokpal Bill in the
backdrop of Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption movement.
Every Indian has a right to speak and suggest changes
in the Lokpal Bill presented by the UPA Government in
Parliament, the MP from Nashik, currently in Delhi, said in a
statement issued here.
The Parliamentarian issued the statement a day after
activists of Corruption Eradicating Committee, responding to a
call given by Hazare, staged a demonstration at his residence
A strong anti-corruption obmudsman was needed to
eradicate graft, Sameer, nephew of Maharashtra Minister
Chhagan Bhujbal, said.
Sameer has also discussed the Lokpal issue with NCP
President and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, the
Meanwhile, common citizens, members of social
organisations, students and farmers took out rallies and
staged demonstrations in Nashik city and other parts of the
district in support of the 73-year-old Gandhian, whose fast in
Delhi entered the eighth day today.
Farmers organised a tractors` march, while vegetable
vendors in Nashik observed a bandh to express their solidarity
with the fasting social activist. Members of National
Association for Blind staged a sit-in.
Hazare supporters staged demonstrations outside the
residences of BJP MPs Harishchandra Chavan and Pratap Sonawane
(who represents Dhule but resides in Nashik).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi