NCP Lok Sabha member bats for strong Lokpal Bill
Nashik: NCP Lok Sabha member Sameer
Bhujbal has come out in support of a strong Lokpal Bill in the
backdrop of Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption movement.
Every Indian has a right to speak and suggest changes
in the Lokpal Bill presented by the UPA Government in
Parliament, the MP from Nashik, currently in Delhi, said in a
statement issued here.
The Parliamentarian issued the statement a day after
activists of Corruption Eradicating Committee, responding to a
call given by Hazare, staged a demonstration at his residence
A strong anti-corruption obmudsman was needed to
eradicate graft, Sameer, nephew of Maharashtra Minister
Chhagan Bhujbal, said.
Sameer has also discussed the Lokpal issue with NCP
President and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, the
Meanwhile, common citizens, members of social
organisations, students and farmers took out rallies and
staged demonstrations in Nashik city and other parts of the
district in support of the 73-year-old Gandhian, whose fast in
Delhi entered the eighth day today.
Farmers organised a tractors` march, while vegetable
vendors in Nashik observed a bandh to express their solidarity
with the fasting social activist. Members of National
Association for Blind staged a sit-in.
Hazare supporters staged demonstrations outside the
residences of BJP MPs Harishchandra Chavan and Pratap Sonawane
(who represents Dhule but resides in Nashik).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail