NCP minister keen to have Bachchan for event
Mumbai: Congress leaders, including
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, may be avoiding being
seen with actor Amitabh Bachchan but alliance partner NCP is
all out to woo the superstar for the inauguration of an event.
A senior minister of the Sharad Pawar-led party has in
fact, dashed off a letter to Bachchan, telling him that folks
in his constituency are ready to re-adjust an event date to
suit his convenience.
NCP leader and Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil
had invited Bachchan in December last year for inaugurating a
modern drama theatre at Islampur in Sangli district.
On March 11, Patil sent another letter to the actor,
saying the municipal council at Islampur had discussed the
issue and wanted to get the theatre opened by Bachchan`s
Bachchan on Sunday posted Patil`s reminder on his blog,
saying "I wonder what one must make of this, or rather what
does one do. I think that if my presence brings discomfort,
then I must need some advice and that is what I seek."
Chavan reportedly avoided sharing dais with Bachchan, who
is brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism, after the controversy
over their joint appearance at the inauguration of the
Bandra-Worli sea link in Mumbai.
Public works (undertakings) minister Jaidatt Kshirsagar,
who had invited Bachchan to the sea link inauguration, is also
Yesterday, Chavan visited the Marathi literary meet at
Pune to avoid sharing the dais with Bachchan. He was
originally expected to be present at the concluding session of
the meet along with Bachchan on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal