NCP MLAs to contribute a month`s salary for drought relief
Mumbai: NCP legislators have decided to contribute their one month`s salary towards drought relief work in Maharashtra.
Announcing the decision, state party spokesperson Mahesh Tapase told reporters here that Maharashtra NCP chief Madhukar Pichad has already forwarded his contribution to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Shiv Sena`s elected public representatives, including MPs, legislators, have also decided to contribute their one month`s salary towards drought relief work.
The funds so collected would be part of the `Shiv Sena Relief Fund` and would be used to launch programmes like cattle camps in affected areas.
BJP legislators had also recently decided to contribute their one month`s salary towards drought relief work in the state.
This year`s drought in Maharashtra is worse than the one the state had experienced in 1972, because water shortage is acute in many parts.
Home Minister R R Patil as well as Textiles and Minorities Minister Mohammed Arif Naseem Khan have donated their one month`s salary for drought relief.
The state gazetted officers` association has decided to give two days` salary for drought relief.
Cash-rich temple trusts like the Shirdi Sai Sansthan and the Siddhivinayak Temple Trust have also announced their contribution towards drought relief work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda