NCP MLC from Sangli quits, to join BJP
Mumbai: A Nationalist Congress Party MLC from Sangli`s Tasgaon constituency today resigned from his post.
Sanjay Kaka Patil, who tendered his resignation to Maharashtra Legislative Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh, said in the House that he was resigning from the post following continuous harassment in the NCP.
Without taking any name, Patil alleged that a minister was harassing him.
"I have been facing problem at the party level. A minister in the party is constantly harassing me. He is trying his best to end my political career," he alleged in the House.
"He (Patil) will join the BJP in the evening today. Some more leaders from their party would also join the BJP in coming days," senior party leader Gopinath Munde told PTI.
Sanjay Kaka Patil`s entry in the BJP fold would be a big blow to senior NCP leader and Home Minister R R Patil, as the saffron party is likely to field him as a Lok Sabha candidate from Sangli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon