NCP MLC from Sangli quits, to join BJP
Mumbai: A Nationalist Congress Party MLC from Sangli`s Tasgaon constituency today resigned from his post.
Sanjay Kaka Patil, who tendered his resignation to Maharashtra Legislative Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh, said in the House that he was resigning from the post following continuous harassment in the NCP.
Without taking any name, Patil alleged that a minister was harassing him.
"I have been facing problem at the party level. A minister in the party is constantly harassing me. He is trying his best to end my political career," he alleged in the House.
"He (Patil) will join the BJP in the evening today. Some more leaders from their party would also join the BJP in coming days," senior party leader Gopinath Munde told PTI.
Sanjay Kaka Patil`s entry in the BJP fold would be a big blow to senior NCP leader and Home Minister R R Patil, as the saffron party is likely to field him as a Lok Sabha candidate from Sangli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ tweet review