NCP MLC from Sangli quits, to join BJP
Mumbai: A Nationalist Congress Party MLC from Sangli`s Tasgaon constituency today resigned from his post.
Sanjay Kaka Patil, who tendered his resignation to Maharashtra Legislative Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh, said in the House that he was resigning from the post following continuous harassment in the NCP.
Without taking any name, Patil alleged that a minister was harassing him.
"I have been facing problem at the party level. A minister in the party is constantly harassing me. He is trying his best to end my political career," he alleged in the House.
"He (Patil) will join the BJP in the evening today. Some more leaders from their party would also join the BJP in coming days," senior party leader Gopinath Munde told PTI.
Sanjay Kaka Patil`s entry in the BJP fold would be a big blow to senior NCP leader and Home Minister R R Patil, as the saffron party is likely to field him as a Lok Sabha candidate from Sangli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener