NCP not in favour of change in caste-based reservation policy
New Delhi: Senior NCP leader Praful Patel on Thursday said his party was not in favour of changing the caste-based reservation policy.
"Our stand is clear. The current system of reservation is fine. There is no need to change it. SC/ST/OBCs etc have benefited due to reservation and we should continue it," Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Minister Praful Patel said at a CII-ACMA event here.
The government and Congress President Sonia Gandhi yesterday clarified that there was no move to change the policy on reservation in government jobs.
The clarifications came a day after senior Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi advocated a relook into caste-based reservations, leading to an outcry in the Rajya Sabha.
Dwivedi had in an interview to PTI called an end to reservation on caste lines and asked party vice-president Rahul Gandhi to introduce quota for financially weaker sections, bringing all communities under its ambit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials