`NCP not to be a part of Maha govt if not given key portfolios`
Mumbai: NCP leader Ajit Pawar on Tuesday said that his party will not to be a part of Maharashtra government if Congress does not follow 1999 formula of allocation of key Home, Finance and Power portfolios to its main coalition partner.
Meanwhile, Pawar also said that he would abide by any "collective" decision taken by the NCP high command.
Ajit Pawar said all this a day after he was sidelined for the post of Maharashtra deputy chief minister.
"The decision (to name Chagan Bhujbal as leader) was a collective one and there are no differences. Nothing wrong has happened. No decision has been imposed," NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s nephew said here this afternoon.
Ajit Pawar also appealed to people of the state and specially NCP workers to respect the decision.
"NCP is one family and there are no differences," Ajit Pawar said, attempting to scotch speculations over the unease among his supporters who wanted to see him as Maharashtra`s new Deputy Chief Minister.
"The Congress-NCP ruling combine will work as a team and give results," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?