NCP rejects demand for Patil`s resignation
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party Thursday rejected demand for resignation of Home Minister R R Patil owing moral responsibility for the triple bomb blasts in Mumbai that killed 18 people and injured 131.
Talking to reporters, NCP spokesman Madan Bafna criticised the opposition for making such a demand.
"This is not a time to politicise a sensitive issue," he said.
Asserting that effective steps had been taken to c urb terror activities, Bafna said that the need of the hour was to introspect on how to plug loopholes in the security system.
He said Patil`s resignation as Home Minister after the 26/11 terror attack was because of some of his comments
due to slip of tongue.
Patil had resigned after his remarks post 26/11 that "such small incidents happen in big cities" created a furore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch