NCP retains hold over Thane Co-operative Bank
Thane: Senior NCP leader and former President of Thane Zilla Parishad Kapil Patil was today elected the new Chairman of Board of Directors of the Thane District Central Co-operative Bank (TDCCB).
Devidas Patil, a former Vice President of the Thane Zilla Parishad, who also belongs to NCP was elected Vice- Chairman of the bank`s board.
Devidas Patil hails from tribal-dominated Jawhar taluka of the district. He had been Vice Chairman of the Bank on four earlier occasions.
In the elections held today, Kapil Patil polled 21 votes and defeated Dilip Adhikari of the Congress, who got just eight ballots.
Devidas Patil polled 20 votes while his only rival Anil Mumbaikar (Shiv Sena) bagged nine. There are a total of 29 directors in the bank and 21 of them belong to NCP.
TDCCB is the premier bank in the district which opened its 100th branch a couple of weeks ago. It has a customer base of over 1 million.
As on March 31, 2012, the bank`s deposits stood at Rs 3464.57 crore and profit at Rs 29.10 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state