NCP retains hold over Thane Co-operative Bank
Thane: Senior NCP leader and former President of Thane Zilla Parishad Kapil Patil was today elected the new Chairman of Board of Directors of the Thane District Central Co-operative Bank (TDCCB).
Devidas Patil, a former Vice President of the Thane Zilla Parishad, who also belongs to NCP was elected Vice- Chairman of the bank`s board.
Devidas Patil hails from tribal-dominated Jawhar taluka of the district. He had been Vice Chairman of the Bank on four earlier occasions.
In the elections held today, Kapil Patil polled 21 votes and defeated Dilip Adhikari of the Congress, who got just eight ballots.
Devidas Patil polled 20 votes while his only rival Anil Mumbaikar (Shiv Sena) bagged nine. There are a total of 29 directors in the bank and 21 of them belong to NCP.
TDCCB is the premier bank in the district which opened its 100th branch a couple of weeks ago. It has a customer base of over 1 million.
As on March 31, 2012, the bank`s deposits stood at Rs 3464.57 crore and profit at Rs 29.10 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters