NCP retains hold over Thane Co-operative Bank
Thane: Senior NCP leader and former President of Thane Zilla Parishad Kapil Patil was today elected the new Chairman of Board of Directors of the Thane District Central Co-operative Bank (TDCCB).
Devidas Patil, a former Vice President of the Thane Zilla Parishad, who also belongs to NCP was elected Vice- Chairman of the bank`s board.
Devidas Patil hails from tribal-dominated Jawhar taluka of the district. He had been Vice Chairman of the Bank on four earlier occasions.
In the elections held today, Kapil Patil polled 21 votes and defeated Dilip Adhikari of the Congress, who got just eight ballots.
Devidas Patil polled 20 votes while his only rival Anil Mumbaikar (Shiv Sena) bagged nine. There are a total of 29 directors in the bank and 21 of them belong to NCP.
TDCCB is the premier bank in the district which opened its 100th branch a couple of weeks ago. It has a customer base of over 1 million.
As on March 31, 2012, the bank`s deposits stood at Rs 3464.57 crore and profit at Rs 29.10 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD