NCP says it wants speedier decision-making by Chavan govt
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday termed reports about Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar threatening to pull out of the Congress-led government in Maharashtra as "gossip" but said it expects the government to take decisions more promptly.
Pawar, according to reports, had threatened at yesterday`s cabinet meeting that if government did not take decisions expeditiously, his party may pull out.
However, when asked by reporters, NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said, "Just as there is something called film gossip, there is gossip here (in political journalism) too.
"NCP has not taken any such decision. Any decision on joining and quitting the government is taken by the party`s parliamentary board."
However, he made it clear that the party wanted the Prithviraj Chavan government to take decisions speedily.
Malik cited several important decisions held up for want of clarifications from the urban development department. "This department is held by the Chief Minister," he pointed out.
"We feel the government should take decisions on regularising residential houses, slum structure protection and transfer policy," he said. "These things were mentioned in our joint manifesto and we should fulfil the assurances."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!