NCP seeks implementation of Mishra Commission reco
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday demanded implementation of
the recommendations made by Rangnath Mishra Commission
regarding reservations for Muslims in government jobs and
NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar said the panel had
proposed to the Central government in 2008 that 10 per cent
out of 15 per cent reservation for minorities be given to
Muslims and 5 per cent to other minorities.
"The commission said Muslims are not getting benefit of
reservations given to SC/ST and OBCs and economic condition of
Muslims was worse than them," Anwar said.
The need of the hour is to ensure that Muslim community
becomes competitive to avail benefits of progress and
development, he said.
Anwar said states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala,
Tamil Nadu, West Bengal have already initiated steps to
implement the recommendation based on population of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!