NCP seeks implementation of Mishra Commission reco
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday demanded implementation of
the recommendations made by Rangnath Mishra Commission
regarding reservations for Muslims in government jobs and
NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar said the panel had
proposed to the Central government in 2008 that 10 per cent
out of 15 per cent reservation for minorities be given to
Muslims and 5 per cent to other minorities.
"The commission said Muslims are not getting benefit of
reservations given to SC/ST and OBCs and economic condition of
Muslims was worse than them," Anwar said.
The need of the hour is to ensure that Muslim community
becomes competitive to avail benefits of progress and
development, he said.
Anwar said states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala,
Tamil Nadu, West Bengal have already initiated steps to
implement the recommendation based on population of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PSU banks employees strike may affect transactions worth Rs 15,000 crore
- Raj Thackeray meets Uddhav, triggers talk of Shiv Sena-MNS reconciliation ahead of BMC polls
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why
- Germany legend Bastian Schweinsteiger retires from international football
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'