NCP seeks implementation of Mishra Commission reco
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday demanded implementation of
the recommendations made by Rangnath Mishra Commission
regarding reservations for Muslims in government jobs and
NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar said the panel had
proposed to the Central government in 2008 that 10 per cent
out of 15 per cent reservation for minorities be given to
Muslims and 5 per cent to other minorities.
"The commission said Muslims are not getting benefit of
reservations given to SC/ST and OBCs and economic condition of
Muslims was worse than them," Anwar said.
The need of the hour is to ensure that Muslim community
becomes competitive to avail benefits of progress and
development, he said.
Anwar said states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala,
Tamil Nadu, West Bengal have already initiated steps to
implement the recommendation based on population of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand