NCP seeks Modi`s apology over errors in Guj textbook about Shivaji
Thane: NCP on Tuesday demanded apology from Narendra Modi over alleged factual errors in information given about Maratha king Shivaji in a class VII textbook of social sciences published by Gujarat educational department
NCP activists, led by state president Jitendra Awhad, set ablaze an effigy of Modi, Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, in Kalwa over the "incorrect" information on "Maharashtra`s icon" Chhatrapati Shivaji.
"The second chapter of the class VII textbook of Social Science subject, published by the Gujarat State School Text Book Board in 2013, has objectionable and incorrect information about the Maratha king," Awhad said.
Awhad, who represents Mumbra-Kalwa constituency in state Assembly, said Modi should apologise to the nation for "repeated mistakes" he makes regarding the history of the country.
"A chapter on the Golden Period of the Mughul dynasty on page number 59 of the book carries several mistakes related to Shivaji Maharaj. Shivaji`s place of birth, date of birth are wrongly published and also his relation with his mentor Dadoji Konddev," Awhad said.
The protest march culminated at Kalwa junction where Awhad addressed the gathering.
Awhad said information on other historical personalities is correctly published except that of Shivaji, the 17th Century Maratha king.
"In one of the chapters in the book, Dadoji Konddev is referred to as the grandfather of Shivaji," Awhad claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!