NCP spokesperson ridicules Sena-BJP alliance in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) took potshots at Maharashtra`s opposition here on Thursday, claiming that "infighting and chaos" prevailed in the `grand alliance` of Shiv Sena, BJP and RPI (Athawale), which had come together purely for power, despite their differing ideologies.
Addressing a press conference, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said that infighting between the Gadkari and Munde camps is at its peak, while BJP`s ally Shiv Sena calls it a party of traders.
"Munde says he stopped Sharad Pawar from entering the NDA fold, but when he was upset with the BJP, Munde was at the doorstep of 10 Janpath (Sonia Gandhi residence). However, some of his close friends opposed his entry to the Congress," Malik said.
"The BJP is indeed a party of traders. Even Narendra Modi had insulted defence forces by saying that traders take more risks than soldiers. The BJP has nothing to do with issues of the common man and farmers. We want to ask Uddhav Thackeray that if Shiv Sena feels BJP is a party of traders, then why is he still a BJP ally," Malik said.
Replying to questions regarding controversies about its Amravati candidate Navneet Kaur Rana`s caste certificate, Malik said that Rana was a former movie actress and is being maligned by her opponents. "She has submitted her caste certificate and is eligible to contest as per rules," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?