NCP threatens stir over subsidised LPG cylinder issue
Mumbai: NCP, a partner in state`s ruling coalition on Thursday threatened to launch an agitation if the government failed to take decision within a week on providing three additional subsidised LPG cylinders.
"We give the state government a week`s time, otherwise we will have no option but to launch state-wide protests," party spokesperson Nawab Malik said.
He said the party wanted the poor as well as the middle class consumers to get benefit of the subsidised cylinders.
"Families with white ration cards can be excluded," he added.
Women`s wing of NCP would gherao the District Collectors and Food and Civil Supplies officials, he said.
When reminded that Food and Civil Supplies and Finance departments were the charge of NCP ministers, Malik said "if the delay is being caused by the ministries, it is the Chief Minister`s responsibility to expedite the process."
The NCP leader also said that the party will move a resolution in the winter session of the state legislature seeking to rename Dadar railway station in Mumbai as `Chaityabhoomi`.
Criticising the power tariff hike of 60 paise per unit for the powerloom sector, Malik demanded that government should provide some relief.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate