NCP to announce LS candidates after talks with Congress
Mumbai: Sharad Pawar-led NCP on Monday said it would announce its candidates for the Lok Sabha elections only after talks with Congress and that it had given no "ultimatum" to the alliance partner.
Talking to reporters here, senior NCP leader Jitendra Awhad said the list of candidates had been finalised, however, the announcement would be made after holding discussions with Congress.
"We have prepared our list of candidates. It has been finalised. We will make the announcement 24 hours after our talks with them," he said.
He also dismissed media reports that NCP had given an ultimatum to Congress.
"We have not given any ultimatum to Congress. We are not keeping anybody guessing. We are following our footsteps. We are taking the elections seriously," he added.
Last week, NCP leaders had expressed annoyance with Congress for delaying the seat-sharing talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!