NCP to decide on Ajit Pawar`s resignation: Congres
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Friday said that ally NCP has to take a call on the demand for Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation over his controversial remarks on drought and load-shedding.
"It is for the NCP to take a decision," Thakre said when asked if Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will ask his deputy to quit in wake of Opposition stalling the proceedings of the Budget session of the state Legislature for three days demanding Pawar`s resignation.
Thakre was speaking to reporters after inaugurating the two-day workshop of spokespersons in the state here.
Earlier, addressing about 500 delegates at the workshop, Industries Minister Narayan Rane, AICC in-charge Mohan Prakash and Thakre spoke on the importance of language to be used.
When asked if the focus on language had anything to do with Ajit Pawar`s controversial comments, Thakre said correct use of language is a must.
"However, Ajit Pawar is not the only one who has used such kind of language in public," he said.
Thakre said Pawar has already apologised thrice for his remarks and there is no question of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan tendering an apology.
Opposition BJP and Shiv Sena have been gunning for Pawar over his crass "urinating-in-the-dam" statement that belittled the tragedy of Maharashtra`s farmers facing one of the worst droughts in decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins