NCP to decide on Ajit Pawar`s resignation: Congres
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Friday said that ally NCP has to take a call on the demand for Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation over his controversial remarks on drought and load-shedding.
"It is for the NCP to take a decision," Thakre said when asked if Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will ask his deputy to quit in wake of Opposition stalling the proceedings of the Budget session of the state Legislature for three days demanding Pawar`s resignation.
Thakre was speaking to reporters after inaugurating the two-day workshop of spokespersons in the state here.
Earlier, addressing about 500 delegates at the workshop, Industries Minister Narayan Rane, AICC in-charge Mohan Prakash and Thakre spoke on the importance of language to be used.
When asked if the focus on language had anything to do with Ajit Pawar`s controversial comments, Thakre said correct use of language is a must.
"However, Ajit Pawar is not the only one who has used such kind of language in public," he said.
Thakre said Pawar has already apologised thrice for his remarks and there is no question of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan tendering an apology.
Opposition BJP and Shiv Sena have been gunning for Pawar over his crass "urinating-in-the-dam" statement that belittled the tragedy of Maharashtra`s farmers facing one of the worst droughts in decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley