NCP to decide on Ajit`s resignation: Congress
Navi Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre today said that ally NCP has to take a call on the demand for Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation over his controversial remarks on drought and load-shedding.
"It is for the NCP to take a decision," Thakre said when asked if Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will ask his deputy to quit in wake of Opposition stalling the proceedings of the Budget session of the state Legislature for three days demanding Pawar`s resignation.
Thakre was speaking to reporters after inaugurating the two-day workshop of spokespersons in the state here.
Earlier, addressing about 500 delegates at the workshop, Industries Minister Narayan Rane, AICC in-charge Mohan Prakash and Thakre spoke on the importance of language to be used.
When asked if the focus on language had anything to do with Ajit Pawar`s controversial comments, Thakre said correct use of language is a must.
"However, Ajit Pawar is not the only one who has used such kind of language in public," he said.
Thakre said Pawar has already apologised thrice for his remarks and there is no question of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan tendering an apology.
Opposition BJP and Shiv Sena have been gunning for Pawar over his crass "urinating-in-the-dam" statement that belittled the tragedy of Maharashtra`s farmers facing one of the worst droughts in decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA