NCP to focus on co-ordination in governance
Mumbai: With the first co-ordination committee of the ruling Congress-NCP taking place on Saturday in the backdrop of the recent stand-off between the two parties, Maharashtra NCP on Friday said that their focus will be to ensure co-ordination in governance.
State unit NCP chief Madhukar Pichad told reporters that he will meet Union Agriculture Minister and party chief Sharad Pawar here tomorrow morning to discuss the agenda and issues to be raised in the meeting, to be held at the Sahyadri guest house late in the evening.
"The co-ordination committee meeting is taking place after a long time. We do meet to discuss political issues like seat sharing during elections but thats not enough," he said.
Refusing to elaborate on what issues NCP has with Congress on governance, Pichad said, "the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister know what problems arise during governance in a coalition government."
Pichad said as per discussions with Pawar, NCP would make additions to the agenda for the first meeting. "We will ensure that such meetings are regularly held," he added.
Pawar will take a call on who would be on the committee from NCP side apart from Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel and himself.
Pichad said Pawar will chair a meeting of party district chiefs, state office bearers, ministers and legislators on the prevailing drought situation in the state and take their feedback on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in