NCP to focus on co-ordination in governance
Mumbai: With the first co-ordination committee of the ruling Congress-NCP taking place on Saturday in the backdrop of the recent stand-off between the two parties, Maharashtra NCP on Friday said that their focus will be to ensure co-ordination in governance.
State unit NCP chief Madhukar Pichad told reporters that he will meet Union Agriculture Minister and party chief Sharad Pawar here tomorrow morning to discuss the agenda and issues to be raised in the meeting, to be held at the Sahyadri guest house late in the evening.
"The co-ordination committee meeting is taking place after a long time. We do meet to discuss political issues like seat sharing during elections but thats not enough," he said.
Refusing to elaborate on what issues NCP has with Congress on governance, Pichad said, "the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister know what problems arise during governance in a coalition government."
Pichad said as per discussions with Pawar, NCP would make additions to the agenda for the first meeting. "We will ensure that such meetings are regularly held," he added.
Pawar will take a call on who would be on the committee from NCP side apart from Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel and himself.
Pichad said Pawar will chair a meeting of party district chiefs, state office bearers, ministers and legislators on the prevailing drought situation in the state and take their feedback on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview