NCP to focus on co-ordination in governance
Mumbai: With the first co-ordination committee of the ruling Congress-NCP taking place on Saturday in the backdrop of the recent stand-off between the two parties, Maharashtra NCP on Friday said that their focus will be to ensure co-ordination in governance.
State unit NCP chief Madhukar Pichad told reporters that he will meet Union Agriculture Minister and party chief Sharad Pawar here tomorrow morning to discuss the agenda and issues to be raised in the meeting, to be held at the Sahyadri guest house late in the evening.
"The co-ordination committee meeting is taking place after a long time. We do meet to discuss political issues like seat sharing during elections but thats not enough," he said.
Refusing to elaborate on what issues NCP has with Congress on governance, Pichad said, "the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister know what problems arise during governance in a coalition government."
Pichad said as per discussions with Pawar, NCP would make additions to the agenda for the first meeting. "We will ensure that such meetings are regularly held," he added.
Pawar will take a call on who would be on the committee from NCP side apart from Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel and himself.
Pichad said Pawar will chair a meeting of party district chiefs, state office bearers, ministers and legislators on the prevailing drought situation in the state and take their feedback on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province