NCP to launch political wing for young women
Mumbai: In a bid to provide political platform to the women between 18-35 years of age, the Nationalist Congress Party would launch the Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress (RYC) wing next month.
"The wing, to be launched on June 10 by NCP chief Sharad Pawar, will focus on the personal as well as the collective issues of women. Issues such as female foeticide, providing hostels for women on subsidised rates at district and regional level and health issues will be given priority," RYC co-ordinator Minal Jagdale said.
RYC is the brainchild of NCP MP and Sharad Pawar`s daughter, Supriya Sule.
She had earlier taken the initiative of sentisitising the masses on female foeticide through awareness campaigns in Pune.
Sule, who is the convenor of the RYC, will look after the wing for first two years.
"The places at which we surveyed, girls took keen interest in social issues rather than political. However, political training in the form of workshops will also be provided to them," Jagdale said.
The workshops to make the girls politically active would be conducted after every three months at district and regional level, she added.
"The wing will also force the state government to implement the Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule scheme in the state at the earliest, which specifically focuses on issues related to girls," she said.
The programme will be attended by Union Ministers like Agatha Sangma, Praful Patel, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Madhukar Pichad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city