NCP to organise state-level women`s meet at Ahmednagar
Mumbai: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has organised a state-level women`s convention at Ahmednagar on January 15.
NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will attend the day-long rally.
"At a time when crime against women is on the rise, the need of the hour is to have a debate on women`s issues and create social awareness," NCP spokesman Nawab Malik.
At the convention, Baramati Lok Sabha MP Supriya Sule will interact with delegates on issues like domestic violence, property rights, rape, eve-teasing, molestation, self-help groups, gutka and tobacco ban, female foeticide, women`s education, as well as women`s health and their participation in politics.
The party had organised a women`s convention at Amravati on December 24. The party plans to hold series of such meetings in the state. The series of such meetings will conclude with a women`s convention at nashik on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?