NCP to organise state-level women`s meet at Ahmednagar
Mumbai: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has organised a state-level women`s convention at Ahmednagar on January 15.
NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will attend the day-long rally.
"At a time when crime against women is on the rise, the need of the hour is to have a debate on women`s issues and create social awareness," NCP spokesman Nawab Malik.
At the convention, Baramati Lok Sabha MP Supriya Sule will interact with delegates on issues like domestic violence, property rights, rape, eve-teasing, molestation, self-help groups, gutka and tobacco ban, female foeticide, women`s education, as well as women`s health and their participation in politics.
The party had organised a women`s convention at Amravati on December 24. The party plans to hold series of such meetings in the state. The series of such meetings will conclude with a women`s convention at nashik on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says