NCP would fully support Lokpal Bill: Sharad Pawar
NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday said
his party would "fully support" the proposed Lokpal Bill
while safeguarding the power of the Parliament.
"NCP will fully support the Lokpal Bill, (while)
safeguarding the powers of Parliament, to eliminate the
disease of corruption", he said addressing a party meeting
Pawar said in order to enact the Lokpal Act, the
Government had shown willingness to accommodate "outsiders on
the drafting committee".
The menace of corruption disturbed the society and there
was a need to frame a legislation that would rein in the
people`s representatives, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed