NCP`s Badlapur city vice-president injured in shoot out
Thane: The Nationalist Congress Party`s (NCP) Badlapur unit vice president Yogesh Raut was seriously wounded here today after he was shot at Gandhi Chowk in eastern Badlapur, the police said here on Tuesday.
According to the police, four people shot him at point blank range injuring him in his chest, the police said, adding that the badly injured Raut was rushed to the AMS Hospital at Dombivili where he is being treated.
The police said that Raut`s alleged hitmen include Sachin Pawar, Jagdish Kudekar, Ashish Kajale and Sameer Patil, though the exact motive behind the murder attempt could not be ascertained immediately.
Meanwhile, tension prevails in the town, even as a manhunt is on for Raut`s attackers, the police said.
Raut is said to be close Murbad MLA and an influential leader from Ambernath called Kisan Kathore.
The police has registered offences against Raut`s absconding attackers under the Indian Penal Code and the Arms Act even as investigations are on, the police said.
No arrest had been made in connection with the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers