NCP`s Badlapur city vice-president injured in shoot out
Thane: The Nationalist Congress Party`s (NCP) Badlapur unit vice president Yogesh Raut was seriously wounded here today after he was shot at Gandhi Chowk in eastern Badlapur, the police said here on Tuesday.
According to the police, four people shot him at point blank range injuring him in his chest, the police said, adding that the badly injured Raut was rushed to the AMS Hospital at Dombivili where he is being treated.
The police said that Raut`s alleged hitmen include Sachin Pawar, Jagdish Kudekar, Ashish Kajale and Sameer Patil, though the exact motive behind the murder attempt could not be ascertained immediately.
Meanwhile, tension prevails in the town, even as a manhunt is on for Raut`s attackers, the police said.
Raut is said to be close Murbad MLA and an influential leader from Ambernath called Kisan Kathore.
The police has registered offences against Raut`s absconding attackers under the Indian Penal Code and the Arms Act even as investigations are on, the police said.
No arrest had been made in connection with the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details