NDA cadet dies after sudden collapse
Pune: A cadet of the National Defence Academy (NDA) at Khadakwasla near here died during a training activity on the campus after a sudden collapse, NDA spokesman said today.
Ajitesh Goel was participating in an organised training activity -- night navigation-- on Saturday night when he suddenly collapsed, spokesman said.
"On February 2, at 9.25 pm Cadet Ajitesh Goel of 126th course ---4th term-- was participating in organised training activity namely night navigation. He suddenly collapsed short of finishing line. He was taken to Military Hospital Khadakwasla, where he was declared brought dead," he added.
Investigations were on to determine the cause of death.
In a similar incident, an NDA cadet had died of cardiac arrest while on a training run last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas