NDA recruitment official remanded to CBI custody
Pune: Special Judge DR Mahajan on Tuesday remanded National Defence Academy (NDA) recruitment board presiding officer and physical training officer Colonel Anil Kumar Singh to Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) custody until July 7 for his alleged involvement in a job scam.
Incidentally, he was granted interim bail till July 2.
While hearing the case, defence lawyer S K Jain argued that all allegations made by the CBI against his client were vague and not specific. "There is no need of custodial interrogation of Colonel Anil Kumar Singh," Jain had argued.
The CBI special court had imposed several conditions while giving bail to the accused, but on June 29 the CBI filed a plea to cancel his bail application for not co-operating during the probe.
CBI`s senior public prosecutor Ejaz Khan told the court that the custodial interrogation of Anil Kumar Singh is necessary because another suspect, Colonel Kulbir Singh, told interrogators that of the bribe amount received by him, Rs 52 lakh were given to Colonel Anil Kumar Singh.
"The CBI had conducted searches of Colonel Anil Kumar Singh`s house, but are yet to recover the cash," Khan told the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof