NDA will come to power in 2014: Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray Thursday said the NDA will come to power in the 2014 elections and the country`s next prime minister will be from its ally, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
"This is the last time that a Congress prime minister will speak from the Red Fort on Republic Day," Thackeray said, making a factual error since the prime minister addresses the nation on Independence Day, and not Republic Day.
Thackeray pledged to the gathering that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will "grab power" in both the Lok Sabha and Maharashtra assembly elections.
Alleging that Manmohan Singh "is the weakest prime minister ever", Thackeray urged Shiv Sainiks "to throw out the Congress-Nationalist Congress Party" alliance from power in Maharashtra.
Thursday was also the 88th birth anniversary of late Shiv Sena founder-patriarch Bal Thackeray, which was celebrated as "Pledge Day" by the party.
Thackeray announced the day will be celebrated in future too.
A party helpline for the public, a woman`s safety mobile application, a Marathi mobile dictionary, an application of famous speeches by Bal Thackeray, a women`s self-help group and the Shriman Balasaheb Thackeray IAS Academy were also launched on the occasion.
The Shiv Sena rally was held exactly a month after its ally BJP`s rally Dec 22. Since the Shiv Sena was not invited for the Dec 22 rally, the party also kept its ally from from its show Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark