Need to address issues in our education system: Kakodkar
Nashik (Maha): Eminent nuclear scientist and former director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Dr Anil Kakodkar today said a recent US national intelligence council has identified the period between 2015-2050 as the period of opportunity for India.
"`Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds`, a recent report of the US National Intelligence Council (NIC), identifies the period between 2015-2050 as the demographic window of opportunity for India. We are the most favourably placed among all the countries of the world," Kakodkar said.
He was addressing the 19th convocation ceremony of the city-based Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) here.
"The need to encash this opportunity would require us to make rapid progress towards addressing the twin challenge of excellence and access in our education system," he added.
Dr Kakodkar said that the open university system has paved the way in terms of rapid growth of access to higher education as well as linking education across different layers like structured expansion of knowledge, exposure to procedural knowledge built through training and apprenticeship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS