Need to address issues in our education system: Kakodkar
Nashik (Maha): Eminent nuclear scientist and former director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Dr Anil Kakodkar today said a recent US national intelligence council has identified the period between 2015-2050 as the period of opportunity for India.
"`Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds`, a recent report of the US National Intelligence Council (NIC), identifies the period between 2015-2050 as the demographic window of opportunity for India. We are the most favourably placed among all the countries of the world," Kakodkar said.
He was addressing the 19th convocation ceremony of the city-based Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) here.
"The need to encash this opportunity would require us to make rapid progress towards addressing the twin challenge of excellence and access in our education system," he added.
Dr Kakodkar said that the open university system has paved the way in terms of rapid growth of access to higher education as well as linking education across different layers like structured expansion of knowledge, exposure to procedural knowledge built through training and apprenticeship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi