Nepali woman gang-raped in Mumbai, two held
Mumbai: A 20-year-old Nepali woman was allegedly gang-raped by three persons, including her husband`s friend, in Nagpada area of south Mumbai, police said on Saturday.
Two accused, who are also Nepali nationals, have been arrested in this connection, police said adding that the victim was sexually assaulted by three men on different occasions since yesterday morning till the wee hours today.
The two, identified as Zulfikar Shaikh (26) and Parvez Shaikh (20), are into the business of making leather bags. A manhunt has been launched for the third accused, said Additional Police Commissioner Pravin Salunkhe.
According to police, the victim`s husband works in Madanpura of Nagpada area and she came to Mumbai via Bihar by Pavan Express in the wee hours of Friday.
Earlier, she had been to Mumbai with her husband when they got married at about one-and-a-half year ago.
However, after reaching Mumbai on Friday morning, she did not find her husband at the workplace, following which she approached her husband`s friend Zulfikar.
Zulfikar, under the pretext of providing her a shelter, took the victim to his residence and raped her, after threatening her of dire consequences, police said.
Subsequently, she was taken to a lodge and raped by another person.
The victim then approached her relative and asked him to send her to Nepal. The two went to CST railway station but missed the train.
Her relative then asked one of his co-workers Parvez to take her to a guest house so that she could take rest.
Parvez took advantage of the situation and raped her last night, police said.
In the meantime, police received a tip-off that a Nepali woman had been brought to Mumbai to be sold in the flesh trade and raided the lodge and rescued the victim.
The accused have been charged with rape among other relevant IPC sections, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city