New Army recruits attain `Combat Soldier` status
Nagpur: Around 134 recruits of the 94 Recruit Course of `The Brigade of The Guards` attained status of "Combat Soldier" at a passing out and attestation parade at the Guards Regimental Centre, Kamptee, near here Friday.
Lt Gen P R Shankar, VSM General Officer Commanding, Maharashtra, Gujarat & Goa Area, reiewed the parade.
The colourful ceremonial parade was presented by the young guardsmen, who are the newest addition to armed forces fraternity, a Defence release said.
Earlier, the guardsmen had undergone a strenuous 34-week training.
The guardsmen were administered the oath of allegiance and devotion to duty by the Adjutant, the release said.
As they crossed the symbolic last step in slow march to the famous `Auld Lang Syne` tune of the band, the recruits formally attained the status of `Combat Soldiers`, ready for front line duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider