New Army recruits attain `Combat Soldier` status
Nagpur: Around 134 recruits of the 94 Recruit Course of `The Brigade of The Guards` attained status of "Combat Soldier" at a passing out and attestation parade at the Guards Regimental Centre, Kamptee, near here Friday.
Lt Gen P R Shankar, VSM General Officer Commanding, Maharashtra, Gujarat & Goa Area, reiewed the parade.
The colourful ceremonial parade was presented by the young guardsmen, who are the newest addition to armed forces fraternity, a Defence release said.
Earlier, the guardsmen had undergone a strenuous 34-week training.
The guardsmen were administered the oath of allegiance and devotion to duty by the Adjutant, the release said.
As they crossed the symbolic last step in slow march to the famous `Auld Lang Syne` tune of the band, the recruits formally attained the status of `Combat Soldiers`, ready for front line duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!