New seat allotment formula likely for Maharashtra polls: Vinod Tawde
Nagpur: The BJP and Shiv Sena are likely to announce a new seat allotment formula for the forthcoming Maharashtra Assembly polls, since the alliance includes four more partners, BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde said here on Monday.
"There are new partners who joined the alliance before Lok Sabha polls and extended their full support to us. Therefore, during the Maharashtra Assembly polls, there is a possibility of adopting a new seat allotment formula," Tawde said at a press conference here today.
Tawde was here to meet BJP leaders like Devendra Fadnavis, Sudhir Mungattiwar, Banwarilal Purohit and ticket aspirants as well as office bearers, who met the BJP leadership today.
He said that the Maharashtra BJP Core Committee consisting of state president Devendra Fadanvis, former BJP president Sudhir Mungattiwar, Pankaja Munde and Tawde himself are scheduled to meet BJP national president Amit Shah tomorrow in Delhi, to discuss the Maharashtra Assembly poll strategy as well as other issues.
However, Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly Eknath Khadse may not be able to attend tomorrow`s meeting due to sickness, Tawde said.
Tawde demanded that the Maharashtra government should declare a "drought", since there is no rainfall in the state and a "drought-like situation" prevails.
"We had demanded declaration of a drought in the month of May and blamed Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for neglecting the issue. Crop loans of farmers should be waived off and they must be given seeds free of cost, since second and third sowings have gone waste," Tawde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city