Next Maha CM should be clean: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: With Ashok Chavan being forced to step down over the housing society scam in Mumbai, Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said the next Maharashtra Chief Minister should be a "clean" person who can "deliver".
"One who is capable and who can deliver," the Congress
leader told reporters here when asked how does he expect the
next Maharashtra Chief Minister to be.
Asked whether the new chief minister should have a
clean record, he replied, "Of course".
After the resignation of the then incumbent Vilasrao Deshmukh in the wake of the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai, Gandhi had reportedly backed Chavan for the top post in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference