Next Maha CM should be clean: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: With Ashok Chavan being forced to step down over the housing society scam in Mumbai, Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said the next Maharashtra Chief Minister should be a "clean" person who can "deliver".
"One who is capable and who can deliver," the Congress
leader told reporters here when asked how does he expect the
next Maharashtra Chief Minister to be.
Asked whether the new chief minister should have a
clean record, he replied, "Of course".
After the resignation of the then incumbent Vilasrao Deshmukh in the wake of the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai, Gandhi had reportedly backed Chavan for the top post in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family