Next Maha CM should be clean: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: With Ashok Chavan being forced to step down over the housing society scam in Mumbai, Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said the next Maharashtra Chief Minister should be a "clean" person who can "deliver".
"One who is capable and who can deliver," the Congress
leader told reporters here when asked how does he expect the
next Maharashtra Chief Minister to be.
Asked whether the new chief minister should have a
clean record, he replied, "Of course".
After the resignation of the then incumbent Vilasrao Deshmukh in the wake of the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai, Gandhi had reportedly backed Chavan for the top post in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'