Next Maha CM should be clean: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: With Ashok Chavan being forced to step down over the housing society scam in Mumbai, Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said the next Maharashtra Chief Minister should be a "clean" person who can "deliver".
"One who is capable and who can deliver," the Congress
leader told reporters here when asked how does he expect the
next Maharashtra Chief Minister to be.
Asked whether the new chief minister should have a
clean record, he replied, "Of course".
After the resignation of the then incumbent Vilasrao Deshmukh in the wake of the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai, Gandhi had reportedly backed Chavan for the top post in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur