NGO activist demands arrest of Rane`s son for firing at him
Mumbai: Chintu Sheikh, a member of the NGO
Swabhiman Sangathana, on Friday demanded arrest of Maharashtra
Revenue Minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh for allegedly
firing at him.
"When I went to the office (of Nitesh) in Khar with
sweets in my hand, I was cornered by Nitesh`s PA, one Zaheed
and four body guards. Nitesh tried to kill me," he said,
showing the bullet injury on his cheek.
"He should be arrested immediately," the Vikhroli
resident told reporters.
Sheikh, who recently joined the NGO run by Nitesh after
leaving Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, had told
police the bullet first hit a glass and subsequently run into
his right cheek and jaw, injuring him seriously. An attempt to
murder case was yesterday registered against Nitesh.
"Shaikh had gone to Nitesh`s NGO office at around 4 pm
yesterday when Nitesh was furious over a matter related to
loss he suffered in business. At that time, Shaikh went there
with sweets in hand to tell them a good news," a police
official said quoting the 35-year-old victim.
"Already angry over another issue, Nitesh in a fit of
rage fired one bullet at him which hit a glass there, the
victim claimed. Subsequently, the victim said, the bullet
pierced into his right cheek," the official added.
He said they were probing the claims made by the victim
and that further probe was on.
The accused was charged under IPC sections 307 (attempt
to murder), 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt),
504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the
peace) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of
common intention) and relevant sections of Arms Act, police
Meanwhile, in an apparent reaction over yesterday`s
attack, Nitesh Rane said on Twitter, "can`t trap a tiger using
a mousetrap...better luck next time!!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH